Samuel Mwaura is the Partner in charge of Taxation services at Grant Thornton.
Samuel has more than 8 years of experience with emphasis on handling matters related to Customs, VAT and PAYE.
He liaises with KRA on various inquiries and assists clients on in-depth KRA audits.
Samuel also carries out tax reviews during the statutory audit process.
Over the years Samuel has gained various experiences in Tax, which includes:
- Preparation of Tax returns as per Company’s Act.
- Perform tax audit procedures to ensure client compliance to the Company’s Act requirements,
- Coordinating the Tax team on Tax Audits
- Supervising Tax planning from his team of senior, supervisor or manager for approval and further presentation to the client,
- Carrying out VAT audit for clients for refund claim purposes,
- Reviewing client salary statutory deductions to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and minimum labor law requirements,
- Advising client on statutory requirements.