Our client The Doshi Group is a leading provider of steel, electrical, water, hardware and telecom solutions established in 1930 in Mombasa, Kenya. Over the years, the Doshi Group has maintained its commitment to consistently offer customers the highest quality products and solutions through raw materials and manufacturing processes that conform to local & international standards. They are ISO 9001:2008 certified. They are seeking to recruit a highly ambitious candidate to fill in the following position:
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the position shall be responsible for sales of Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), High Density Polyethene (HDPE) pipes, their Fittings and other products sold by Doshi group in Nairobi and the upcountry market in Kenya.
Main Responsibilities of Job
- Handle major HDPE, PVC, Poly Polypropylene Random (PPR) pipes and their Fittings to stockist and resellers to ensure closing of sales business;
- Ensure regular market visit, meeting with the existing and potential project customer, minimum once in a week. In addition, maintain and improve the business relationship with them;
- Conduct market intelligence by collecting, updating and sharing the data of all competitors inclusive of pricing, marketing activity, new product or any other competition information in favour of organization, with the sales manager;
- Drive sales initiatives and achieve desired sales targets with overall responsibility of market share leadership;
- Set up a distribution strategy plan facilitating both the volume and revenue increase;
- Ensure regularly visit and development of new market by approaching new customers and giving them adequate knowledge of company products and procedure to generate new business;
- In discussion with the sales manager, working on the liquidation dead and slow moving stock. Arises to provide accurate information to the team for informed decision-making;
- Review every day the pending delivery invoices status and to coordinate with the dispatch department follow-up with the customer for timely deliveries;
- Conduct product training for external and internal team members. It’s the responsibility of the sales executive to keep upgrading the customers as well the fellow colleagues by giving the product presentation to them. Sales executive has to give product presentation to minimum 2 channel partner and 1 presentation to sales team, every month;
- Identify product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors in order to remain competitive in the market;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops in order to establish networks;
- Educate clients on the quality of Doshi products to differentiate Doshi from the competitors who are only price sensitive;
- Comply with all company procedures, safety policy and requirements of occupational health and safety including wearing your personal protective equipment’s at all times to safeguard yourself and others from bodily harm or injury as per prevailing company rules and legal requirements;
- Assist Customers and advise them on all health and safety procedures and practises within the organisation while at our premises to ensure that their safety is taken care off at all times;
- Identify risks within the organisation or your area of work and inform the management for corrective action; and
- Ensure all customer complain are captured in the customer book and closed/resolutions captured. Capture customer recommendations and follow-up to know whether resolved to customer’s satisfaction.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Sales and Marketing or any other related field;
- 3 to 5 years Proven work experience as a Sales Representative/Executive or similar role preferably in Plastic Industry would be an added advantage;
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices;
- Proficiency in English;
- Track record of over-achieving sales quota;
- A friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus;
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner; and
- Enthusiastic, confident, and optimistic demeanour with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by Wednesday, 11th August 2021 stating the subject heading “SALES EXECUTIVE” clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.