Quality Engineer – Diapers and Liners, (Middle East and Africa)
Our client Kimberly Clark (https://www.kimberly-clark.com/en-us/) is an American multinational personal care corporation that produces mostly paper-based consumer products. The company manufactures sanitary paper products and surgical & medical instruments.
Reporting to the Supplier Quality Manager (Europe, Middle East and Africa), the position is responsible for providing focused, accelerated, Quality Management System capability that meets K-C Requirements into strategic External Contract Manufacturing facilities where there is little-to-zero knowledge in Good Manufacturing Practices or Quality Management Systems.
Main Responsibilities of Job
- Provide training to both the ECM Lab and Convertor Teams in K-C Quality Control best practices (to cover: sampling; measurement; and, a run-to-target approach).
- Responsible for ensuring corporate and legal requirements for safety in their area of Support.
- Support the External Contract Manufacturing (ECM) Quality Lead with the reapplication of K-C best practices that establishes and maintains the facility’s compliance of Quality Management System with Corporate, Sector and regulatory requirements including for other countries to which product is exported/imported. (E.g. KC QMS, ISO 9001, NAFDAC, KEBS, etc.)
- Support the ECM Quality Lead accurately report health of facility QMS through internal audit programs to EMEA Quality Team.
- Supports the ECM Quality Lead defining, using, and evaluating of processes for consistent improvement of QMS and its effectiveness in line with the Quality Manual and related documents (to include GAP analysis).
- Support the ECM Quality Lead development of and provide reports on; QMS effectiveness and results as well as R&E Project Trials requests. Report on QMS Review, including proposals for QMS improvement, so that the mill management could conduct regular management reviews of the quality management system
- Support the ECM Quality Lead in ensuring and promoting of quality awareness, significance of legal and regulatory requirements and requirements of the customer in the mill.
- Support the ECM Quality Lead in reviewing, approving, or rejecting of plans, procedures, raw materials or products in line with meeting the customers’ expectations.
- Support the ECM Quality Lead in deploying EMEA QA objectives and implementation of RFT Make processes to mill level via Mill QIP.
- Support the ECM Quality Lead establish risk-based quality control plans for Product Release (supporting a run-to-target philosophy); identification of non-conforming (out-of-spec) product and ensuring Capability of this process going forwards.
- Support the ECM Quality Lead to ensure the principle of focus on Customer/Consumer/User in the mill. Coordinate processes of quality testing and checking; actively contribute to supporting and achieving quality objectives.
- Working with the ECM Quality Team, engage and motivate team members and form a successful and efficient team.
- Provides feedback, coaching, and direction to team leaders and team members
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, typically science or engineering related or significant quality management experience (A recognized quality management certification is desirable such as ISO 9001:2015 Lead/Internal Auditor Certificate).
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in a Manufacturing or relevant Quality role (e.g. similar FMCG environment).
- Excellent orientation in Quality Management System including GMP, HACCP, Risk Assessment, ISO 9001, etc.
- Understanding of key legislation, regulatory requirement applicable to products made/sold in Nigeria; Kenya (e.g. SON, KEBS, NAFDAC, MANCAP, KEBS, etc.)
- SAP/R3 knowledge and experience will be an advantage.
- Product and process knowledge
- QMS knowledge (ISO 9001:2015)
- QC knowledge (ANSI/AQL etc.)
- SAP R/3 knowledge.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by Monday, 17th May 2021 stating the subject heading “QUALITY ENGINEER” clearly indicating their expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees.
Applications for this position are now closed