Our client Teltonika (http://www.teltonika.lt/) is a leading fleet management solutions manufacturer in Europe with 1,200,000 GPS trackers sold in 2018. They break industry standards by making Internet of Things (IoT) easy. Combining leading technology, know-how and leadership in designing & manufacturing.
They also cover vast amount of use cases: from fleet management and security to connected car, insurance telematics and car sharing.
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
The Human Resource Officer will be responsible for coordinating the operations and activities of the human resource department.
Main Responsibilities of Job
- Documenting and managing all staff records and ensuring they are complete, accurate, securely well-kept and up to date;
- Implementing and interpreting the approved organisation’s human resource and administrative policies, procedures and standards;
- Ensuring staff conduct and discipline is maintained in all the departments /units and thorough but fast conclusion of staff disciplinary cases;
- Preparing, reviewing, adjusting and approving staff remuneration payments on monthly basis and assisting payroll department by providing relevant employee information ;
- Assisting with administrative duties in the organisation;
- Undertaking human resource planning for all staff to ensure that they are optimally engaged;
- Co-ordinating and ensuring staff Recruitment & Selection, Orientation & Placement to respective department;
- Ensuring all new members of staff are properly inducted in the operations of the organisation;
- Conducting staff background checks and follow up to ensure receipt of responses to reference checks from referees of new hires before they fall due for confirmation;
- Preparing confirmation letters for staff due for confirmation after expiry of their probation period as well as those being confirmed into new appointments;
- Planning for and undertaking staff training & development through conducting staff training needs assessment and recommending relevant training for all staff;
- Maintaining of office facilities, supplies and work equipment, controlling their renewal;
- Managing employee performance through implementation of the current performance management system;
- Advising the management on matters related to human resource management.
Key skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management preferably augmented with a Higher Diploma or a Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP-K);
- Must be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM);
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience is required;
- Extensive knowledge in the Kenyan Labor laws and Industrial Relations;
- Excellent Communication skills, both oral and written;
- High level of integrity and ethics;
- Proven problem solving skills;
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite;
- Someone who can demonstrate high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment;
- Ability to manage a large flow of information.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 2nd April 2021 stating the subject heading “HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER” clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.